Charity Shop Assistant Volunteer
Location: HARP Charity Shop, 91 Broadway, Leigh-on-Sea, SS9 1PE
Availability: Monday to Saturday 9:30am – 5pm
Age: Must be 14+
We are looking for enthusiastic, supportive and committed volunteers and would ideally require a minimum of one shift per week for a minimum of three hours.
About the role
Shop Assistant Volunteers will help with the smooth running of the shop, and duties include:
• Using the till, gift aid system, and handling cash when serving customers.
• Preparing stock, including sorting donations, steaming clothes and pricing items.
• Helping to ensure the shop is kept neat, tidy and presentable.
• Refreshing and restocking window and shop floor displays to keep them interesting and attractive to potential customers.
• Honest, friendly and helpful with good communication skills.
• An interest in gaining retail experience, including willingness to serve customers.
• Enjoy sorting through donations.
• Self-motivated with the ability to work co-operatively and flexibly as part of a team.
• Good time management and organisational skills.
• Committed to equal opportunities and respectful of other cultures.
About volunteering with us
This role description outlines the tasks and responsibilities applicable to this position. It also protects the volunteer from being asked to do tasks they may consider unreasonable.
We recognise that volunteers have different strengths and want to gain different skills.
As a volunteer assisting in the charity shop you will have the opportunity to greet customers and provide good customer service.
This role will provide you with retail experience and customer service skills, along with giving a sense of satisfaction in helping a local charity. It also provides a social environment to meet other like-minded people, have a chat, and gain a sense of satisfaction and community spirit.
Out of Pocket Expenses: On request, HARP reimburses volunteers for travel expenses as per the Volunteer Expenses Policy VOL8. Food and beverage expenses for volunteers working four or more hours in one day will also be reimbursed up to £3.50 on request.
Due to the nature of the role (working with vulnerable adults), DBS Disclosure barring checks are sought for those aged 18+.
For more information please contact email@example.com